pdfconvert.me is a free email service which will take the content of a message and return that content back to the sending email as a PDF attachment. This allows mobile devices to have a “print to PDF” feature in many circumstances.
No sign up is required - just send an email to one of the special pdfconvert addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Converts Text or HTML body
- email@example.com - Same as above, but does not prepend headers to the body
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Converts the first URL specified
- email@example.com - Converts the first attachment seen
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Converts Markdown body
- email@example.com - Convert the first PDF attachment to plain text
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Convert the first PDF attachment to Microsoft Word
The special addresses can have “option tokens” which can alter the result in some fashion:
- noheaders - Supressess any originating email headers from the conversion result
- dropbox - Uploads the conversion result to Dropbox (if you have linked your account with us)
- dropbox-only - Only uploads the conversion result to Dropbox (no email will be returned with the attachment)
- striptags - Removes Evernote-style tags from the subject/filename (# and @)
- noreplyto - Ignores the Reply-To: header in emails, so as not to send responses back to that address
- content - For webconvert requests, only return the main text of the body
So for example, sending a .eml attachment to email@example.com would convert the body of the attached email to PDF, removing any email headers and only uploading the resulting PDF to your Dropbox/Apps/pdfconvert.me folder.
Additionally, you can force sending the response to a particular email address with VERP-style encoding in the conversion address, such as:
This would send the resulting PDF back to firstname.lastname@example.org, regardless of the sending address. To combat spam, the first conversion request per target email address will require authorizing pdfconvert.me to send to that address using an activation link.
For more information, please see the documentation.
If you have any questions, please contact us.